You might be wondering where you should start to market your business or what channels you should use to achieve the best results, right?
Sadly, there is no answer because it varies from business to business. But it is no secret that in this day and age, brand awareness is all about online presence. In fact most marketing experts agree that how you present your brand online is equivalent of your first meeting with a customer.
Your online brand is what people think of you when you are not reachable to them. In fact, your online brand is as important as any of other traditional forms of branding and becoming more important each day. Most customers today are technologically savvy and typically rely on a company’s online presence as a validity test of its credibility in the market.
Just how to build branding online? There are many ways to do so. Some are common strategies that you may find are expensive such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), PPC (Pay Per Click), Email marketing and so forth.
These strategies need not be expensive and can be ultimately something that you can afford and build your online brand awareness.
1.Be consistent with Branding. Ask yourself “What is my business really about?” It is very essential to maintain a consistent branding strategy across all online channels. This creates brand recognition and helps to reinforce the brand.
Branding is all about Trust. Consumers, businesses, people will look at your branding, read your content and search for you on search engines. Ultimately if they recognize you, read testimonials of your clients or have heard of you by word of mouth, they will trust you, your products and services. For example, a business may use its website, several social networks, blogs, document sharing sites and many more.
2. Online Presence. Online is a great way of gaining the attention, providing credibility on the world wide web and finding the best possible ways to enhance your online branding. Whether you a small, medium or large company, online presence is important and you can reach millions of people world wide with the branding of your products and services.
3. Optimize your Website. Having a website to start off with is the first step and equally having a website that is branded correctly, easy to navigate, logical flow of information, juicy content and site map are just some of things that are needed. Remember your website is the face of your business. It represents who you are and what are you about. It needs to look presentable, clean, informative and sticky.
As we know, creating and maintaining a website is one of the most important branding tools for any business.Website optimization for optimal performance on search engines is one of the first things companies can do to drive traffic to a website and improve the brand’s visibility.
4. Social Media Marketing. It is one of the most effective and cost effective ways to promote both small businesses and corporations and enhance the visibility of your brand. Social media marketing promotes visibility, brand loyalty, recognition, and can also grow your sales. Facebook, twitter, Google+ is the major platforms for social media marketing. In addition, social media marketing allows small businesses and established ones to compete with an advantage. It enables businesses to reach worldwide audiences.
5. Search Engine Optimization. It is a most important thing to focus for online branding. With increasing use of internet, search engines play a major role to drive more traffic from all over the world. Your website needs to be built with Search Engine Optimization practices in mind. If it isn’t, you are wasting your time and money therefore only building a website that will be uploaded into the never never land of the world wide web.
6. Start a Blog. This is a great tool that can compliment your online branding efforts. Blogs are great to write extra content about ideas, thoughts, strategies, powerful tools that may have that people would be interested in and any other related business factors that you can contribute to. Having a blog can enhance brand visibility and improve your chance of success. In fact, blogging is one of the most effective ways to improve the visibility of your brand online. Blogging greatly improves your search engine rank, establishes validity in your brand and increases reach.
As a final point, when creating an online brand presence, don’t attempt to create your online brand like any other brand in the market. Be authentic. If you can be open and honest with yourself about your brand’s value, you will be able to authenticate this value when creating your online brand presence. It takes quiet lot of time to create brand awareness and trust factor for your brand in the market.
If you are looking for a way to grow your business’s brand without spending a lot of time, I recommend that you start with social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.