There are some proven techniques from around the world to start your successful online business. Here I am going to tell you these techniques by which many small businesses started their online business and running it successfully.
1. Identify needs & Fill it: At first you have to choose few things what you really enjoy doing and know much more details on that than everyone around you. Then do some researches on internet to identify the actual need for it. You can use Google Keyword Planner to find out what people are searching most on search engines.
2. Find competitors and do assessment. When you finished with step 1, then find competitors on your fields and find what they are doing to get business and what they do good and also find what bad thing or mistakes they are doing. Now work out on your Unique Selling Point (USP). This can be something more obvious like better customer service, cheaper price, new products and extra benefits to have them.
3. Make a well designed website. Once you complete your search for your product and market, now you are ready to create your small-business website. Remember to keep it simple and attractive. You have fewer than 5 seconds to grab attention of your potential customers, otherwise once they’re gone they will never come back. Some important tips to remember:
- Choose one or two simple fonts on white or a simple flat color.
- Make all your navigation simple, clear and easy to use.
- Include an opt-in offer so you can collect email addresses.
- Make it easy to buy – no more than 2 clicks between your potential customers and checkout.
- Make a good and pleasant user experience for your customers.
4. Grab your targeted buyer. After you set up all the things your products and online store, you need to drag customers to your online store. For this you can use social media like facebook, twitter, linkedin to promote your product and services and tell each and every person who knows you and trust you to like, follow and share your products and services. Do some directory submission, comment and post you’re your products on various websites. Make new exciting offers to grab attention of your potential customers.
5. Use email marketing to turn visitors into buyers. When you build an opt-in list, you are creating most valuable assets of your online business. Your customers and subscribers given you the permission to send them email. That means:
- You are giving them something they have asked for.
- You are developing lifetime relationships with them.
- The response is 100% measurable.
- E-mail marketing is cheaper and more effective than print, TV or radio because it is highly targeted.
Anyone who visits your site and opt-in to your list is a very hot lead. And there is no better tool than email for following up with those leads.
The internet changes so fast that one year in online equals about five years in the real world. But the principles of how to start and grow a successful online business haven’t changed at all. If you are just starting a small business online, stick to this sequence.